Age-Related Issues in Older Adults and Seniors
Healthy aging is about much more than staying physically healthy. It’s also about staying emotionally healthy and maintaining a sense of purpose and zest for life. The important “ingredients of aging” are unique for each person, but the recipe is still the same:
- Discover new things to enjoy
- Learn to adapt to changes
- Stay physically and socially active
- Feel connected to your community and loved ones
- Appropriate medical management for Behavioral Health concerns
Whether on your own, with family members, or are in an assisted living environment, here are a variety of topics for consideration.
- Senior Exercise and Fitness Tips
Easy ways to become/stay active; Living life to the fullest
- Coping with Grief and Loss – Spouse, Partners and Close Friends
Healing from the pain of loss
- Depression in Older Adults
- Memory Loss / Improving Your Memory
Ways to boost your memory; Knowing what memory concerns are normal and what are not
- Sleeping Well
- Nutrition and Dietary Changes
- Senior Driving – Motor skills, reaction time and vision or hearing impairments – staying safe and knowing when to stop driving.
- Healthy Sex Life for seniors
- Exploring Your Living Choices – Senior Housing and Care Options
- Appropriate medical management for Behavioral Health
Achievement Associates provides in-home therapy and psychiatric intervention when necessary. Please feel free to contact Dr. Neena Florsheim for more information regarding in-home and related services.